Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Beginnings

My trip to Bishop is coming to an end tomorrow night where I will venture back to the snowy streets of Vancouver with visions of California sun dancing in my head. This is the shortest trip I have done to Bishop and I have to say one week is never enough. Prior to getting here, I was severely unmotivated and had just come off the bench from a number of injuries. The first couple of nights in the truck were uncomfortablely cold and I missed the luxuries of home living. However, mid-week my outlook changed dramatically. The sun came out from its clouds, old problems were revisted with fresh eyes, and my fingers began to enjoy the rock again.

Ussually on last days, I try to go around and repeat problems that I have already done to avoid failure on the last day. However, this year I have decided to go for it on a problem that has been haunting me for years. I am excited for the challenge. I may not do the problem tomorrow but nonetheless, I am looking forward to the process rather than the send. Either way, this trip has left me hungry for climbing again and I am excited to get back to training for the next trip in March.

As for local climbing news, Tim Clifford sent The Swarm today on the last day of his trip after dodging the flu all week. I will leave you with a picture of George Jost, Tim Clifford, and Matt Birch eyeing a new line next to Evilution. As old projects finish, new ones are always waiting around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your project! I will send you some sending energy your way. Ohmmm....
    Maysa

    ReplyDelete