Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Search

Like surfing, those who are on the cutting edge of climbing are always looking for the next best boulder or the next best line to catch their very own first ascent. I would have to say that I am the worst searcher of new boulders around. Sometimes I think it would be awesome to find a rad new line, but after looking at two or three boulders that are blank, I just feel like going back to the car.

On my last day in Bishop, however, I decided to check out this new boulder that I had heard about through gibberish and here say. It is situated upstream where Pleasant Valley Dam road meets Chalk Bluff road and I would have to say that it is one of the best boulders I have seen in the tablelands. According to some website, it is between V7 and V9 but the moves and sequence are classic with one of the best natural holds I have felt in a long time. I will definitely come back for this one.

Here are a couple pictures to keep you going (Thanks Doug and Matt). The first is a picture of the boulder I described above, the second is a photo of myself doing the first move of Acid Wash, and the last photo is a shot of a new area in the tablelands called County Line.


No comments:

Post a Comment