Sunday, June 21, 2009

Squamish News Update

Rich, Brent, Gord, Adam, and I went to Hope this weekend and it was off the hook.  We spent Saturday in an area called Hunter Creek that is home to a couple of the best boulders around.  Brent and I both ended up sending a problem we tried last year called The Ice Box.  Hunter is definitely worth the trip so if anyone needs the beta on getting there, let me know.  I am going to try and post a few photos tomorrow

Not much in Squamish new, as I wasn't there this weekend, but during the week Meshkat had a good go on Aftermath and got to the top.  Nice Mesh.  I also heard a crazy story that Ben Harnden (along with Sonnie Trotter) onsight free soloed Rock On and Squamish Buttress.  I guess Ben couldn't find anyone who wanted to climb on ropes that day!


3 comments:

  1. You forgot about the biggest news of last week. "Better than New Foundland" a classic new boulder in the lost world area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and who put up this beauty of a new problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be one heck of a problem...

    -dave

    ReplyDelete